Marketing Communications Specialist II
Garrison Hughes is looking for a Marketing Communications Specialist II who will operate under the direction of the Director of Marketing Communications. The Marketing Communications Specialist II will assist in the implementation of strategic marketing initiatives for UPMC’s consumer experience / consumer digital health tools initiatives. These include but are not limited to marketing and promotions pertaining to patient portals, telemedicine, provider directory website as well as other internal strategic initiatives and communications.
- Operate under the direction of a Director of Marketing Communications and support the day-to-day marketing needs of various UPMC programs
- Assist team in the planning, development, launch, and evaluation of promotional and marketing programs to increase patient volume and support UPMC’s business objectives, specifically around UPMC’s digital health tools
- Handle various projects to provide communications to internal and external audiences in support of the client’s mission including managing marketing projects of varying levels of complexity and sophistication, including print, digital, and social advertising
- Draft and upload physician biographies and headshots to provider directory.
- Assist in promoting UPMC’s digital health tools through channels including digital, email, SEO, and internal communications to drive engagement with key audiences for UPMC’s digital health tools
- Work with corporate digital and clinical marketing teams to ensure open communication and execution of campaigns including email, social media, applications/development, SEO/PPC, and analytics team.
- Assist in drafting effective monthly email campaigns to user database to increase engagement.
- Support the research, writing, design, and production of any materials (internal and external audiences).
- Edit and/or write copy for digital channels, publications, letters, advertisements, and other communication programs to diverse audiences, including internal stakeholders, academics, entrepreneurs, physicians, and software engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or a related field required.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Marketing or Communications or related field required.
- Strong writing skills, knowledge of traditional and digital market best practices, strong organizational skills, self-starter
- Project Management experience a plus with a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with a large team of people
- Ability to prioritize work and manage quick-turnaround projects
- Understanding of web metrics and native analytics tools such as Google Analytics a plus.