Lead Communications Specialist
Garrison Hughes is looking for a full-time Lead Communicaitions Specialist to work exclusively with our client at UPMC. As a Lead Communications Specialist, you will assist the director/senior director/manager in developing and implementing marketing communications strategy and tactical plans to increase awareness of UPMC clinical services and advance business objectives.
As a Lead Communications Specialist, Serve as Marketing Communications liaison to management and medical staff of clinical and nonclinical programs, and UPMC departments and committees as needed, providing consultation and strategic communications planning where appropriate.
- Work closely with Directors/Senior Managers/Managers to develop marketing strategies and plans for clinical marketing tactics to grow volume, raise brand awareness and more.
- Provide guidance to communications specialists and summer associates on marketing projects and process.
- Manage projects of increased complexity, sensitivity, or importance to the organization, or edit major publication.
- Manage the development and production of marketing communications projects for UPMC programs, including print collateral, videos, digital content, and community outreach activities.
- Independently plan, research, and write copy that is creative, well organized, concise, stylistically appropriate to the audience and purpose, and conforming to department style rules.
- Coordinate the work of contributing marketing staff and freelancers including editing and proofreading their copy.
- Coordinate the work of contributing Marketing Communications staff and support services such as design including editing copy. Take responsibility for approvals and accuracy of information communicated.
- Monitor budget and manage the distribution and delivery of projects. Complete projects on time and within budget.
- Oversee graphic design and production process (including printing) so that projects are appropriate for the audience and message. Implement brand standards across all marketing projects.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize projects appropriately.
- Demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers.
- *Performs in accordance with system-wide competencies/behaviors.
- *Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a marketing/communications position or related field.
- Must have excellent communication, multitasking, organizational, research/interviewing, writing, grammar, and interpersonal skills and knowledge of traditional and digital marketing best practices.