Communications Specialist II
Garrison Hughes is looking for a professional who will operate under the direction of a Director of Marketing and Communications. As a Communications Specialist II, you will support marketing and communications projects for external audiences. This includes managing projects of varying levels of complexity and sophistication and meeting all deadlines and budget goals. You also will serve as a liaison to the staff of clinical and non-clinical programs. Other duties may be required as assigned.
An ideal candidate will be able to work independently, multitask, and prioritize projects appropriately, as well as demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers. Attention to detail is essential, as projects are often sensitive and require substantial progress and outcomes tracking. The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment and is willing to quickly learn the processes and procedures necessary to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a corporate communications position or a related field such as marketing, journalism, communications, or health sciences.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to multitask, and be well organized.
- Research/interviewing experience preferred.
- Experience in health care marketing, including wellness, pharmacy, or insurance preferred.