Communications Specialist II
Garrison Hughes is looking for a professional who will operate under the direction of a Director of Marketing and Communications and work within a regional team. As a Communications Specialist II, you will support marketing and communications initiatives that are in alignment with strategic priorities for external audiences. This includes developing and managing campaigns and advertising assets of varying levels of complexity and sophistication while meeting all deadlines and budget goals. You also will serve as a marketing liaison to the staff of clinical and non-clinical programs. Other duties may be required as assigned.
An ideal candidate will be able to work independently, multitask, and prioritize projects appropriately, as well as demonstrate service-oriented behavior in interactions with clients and co-workers. Attention to detail is essential, as projects are often sensitive and require substantial progress and outcome tracking. The ideal candidate will work well in a fast-paced environment and is willing to quickly learn the processes and procedures necessary to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, health sciences, or a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a corporate communications position or a related field such as marketing, journalism, communications, or health sciences.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask, and be well organized.
- Strong writing skills coupled with experience in research and interviewing are preferred.
- Experience in health care marketing, including wellness, pharmacy, or insurance preferred.
The candidate will need to be in the office a minimum of 2 days a week and will need to be willing to travel if/when necessary to other regional hospital locations or Pittsburgh for occasional team meetings. The office is located at 201 State St., Erie 16550.Apply