Garrison Hughes is looking for a full-time Communications Manager to work in the USX location. This position supports our client, UPMC. As a Communications Manager, you will have the opportunity to, under direction, strategize, develop, and implement marketing communication projects to educate and inform physicians, patients, and visitors of UPMC’s international facilities and services. You will also direct the marketing communication strategies for internal and external audiences in assigned areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a communications counselor (consultant) to internal UPMC clients.
- Develop strategic marketing communications plans to achieve objectives.
- Implement tactical communication plans for facilities or services by managing multi-faceted projects.
- Manage the research, writing, design, and production of materials.
- Develop methods to evaluate marketing communications projects based on effectiveness and cost/benefits, and document the results.
- Monitor project budgets; handle approvals and other client relations and take responsibility for the accuracy and effectiveness of information communicated.
- Coordinates with pertinent scientific and professional organizations to promote assigned areas.
- Work collaboratively with global colleagues and those in other departments.
- Edit and/or write copy for print collateral, websites, social posts, presentations, and other projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field required.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Marketing or Communications required.
- Experience in providing clients with strategic marketing counsel required.
- Agency experience a plus.
- Experience in an academic medical center, hospital, or health care industry is preferred. Previous global marketing experience a plus.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills required.